I’m an introvert. And I like it. However sometimes I feel like introverts are underestimated in a modern society. Let me explain myself. Every introvert at least once in his life heard: “You should get out of your comfort zone”, “Do what you’re afraid of”, “Always say yes” and other nasty stuff. But what if my comfort zone is too comfy to leave it 🙂 I don’t see the point of living like an extrovert if I’m not one. Don’t go against your nature. Dogs don’t tell cats that they should bark.
So, instead of wasting your time trying to change ourselves let’s rather use what we’ve got to our advantage!
These are the perks that we possess:
- We don’t have that burning desire to go somewhere. I don’t understand it, but extroverts hate staying at home. It makes them bored. As an introvert I don’t like leaving the house. With that being said –
- We’re never bored. I always have something to do both online and offline. We don’t need people to keep us entertained. We find ourselves entertaining enough!
- We’re good friends. Duh! That’s because we prefer to have few, but close friends. We don’t waste our time on people who don’t deserve it.
- We’re in fact very interesting to talk too. Too bad extroverts don’t have time to figure that out because they rarely shut up. That was meant to be a joke. Please, forgive me, extraverts! 🙂
- Creative energy! That’s the best. It is said that introverts generate energy, extroverts consume it. And I literally feel like when I spend time on my own, I get all these amazing ideas and desire to create. For example currently I’m writing a book about learning languages.
So, if you’re an introvert and you feel like less of a person – just stop! You might listen to your extraverted friend and go to that damn party where everyone’s wasted. Or you might actually use that time to create something that will benefit you in a long run. It’s only up to you!